Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bill Cosby!



    The subject this week on Caricaturama was Bill Cosby, and the fellow who chose him knew that this challenge would end on Cosby's birthday. I hadn't been participating in this weekly challenge for awhile now, but I felt compelled to draw ol' Bill, as I consider him the gold standard of stand-up comedians. I wanted to portray him back in his prime of the 1970's/early 80's when he appeared regularly on The Tonight Show while Johnny was still at the helm. Those were the days! In fact I drew this from an appearance in 1983 that Cosby made on The Tonight Show that can be found on this new multi-disc DVD set that came out earlier this year.

    Here's a terrific Bill Cosby routine I remember fondly, courtesy of YouTube:



    PS: Sorry I haven't updated the blog in awhile. I haven't felt very motivated lately, I'm afraid.Source URL: http://coffeecatholic.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday-bill-cosby.html
    Visit coffeecatholic for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment