- ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST! If you wake up and you’re not hungry it’s probably because you ate before you went to bed (which is bad). Eating breakfast can keep you full through out the day, helping you avoid binges. It’s also bad for your metabolism to miss a meal. Good breakfast foods I eat are: oatmeal/porridge, soy milk, soy yogurt, special k cereal, fruit salad (melons, berries, banana etc), almonds, blueberries, grapefruit, muesli, raisins and I usually mix it up like today had a banana + a handful of blueberries + a handful of almonds + a glass of soy milk.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with the weight you have to lose. Make small goals in weight loss eg. I will try and get past the first barrier and lose 5 kilos. The feeling of achieving your first goal will help you be motivated to lose more weight.
- Don’t also overwhelm yourself sacrifices in food you’ll have to make to get there. Saying things like I’m going to have to give up all my favorite foods from tomorrow is setting yourself up for failure because it’s such a difficult thing do. Take it little steps at a time such as eating wholewheat bread once in a while instead of giving up all bread all together.
- Fashion is the best motivation. Go shopping, look at the clothes you would love to wear someday or the stores you would like to shop at, write in a journal how it makes you feel when you see these clothes and the fact that you cannot wear them. Read this journal entry every time you’re trying to decide whether you should eat the cookies you have been eying all day or you should go for a run.
- Another motivator is to take your time and look in your closet and look at all the clothes you detest wearing because of your size or because they cover up parts of your body, remind yourself if you put in the hard work you will never have to wear clothes like this again. One of the biggest low points for me was when I had to wear sweat pants everywhere because I could not find any jeans that we loose enough at the buckle to fit my body proportions.
- When I’m having one of those bad days where I feel lazy and like I’m the only one in the world who has to work hard to be thin and everyone else has it easy I use these websites: http://www.howcelebritiesloseweight.com and http://www.celebrity-diets.org/. They remind me that celebrities have to work hard for their bodies to!
Source URL: http://coffeecatholic.blogspot.com/2012/02/weight-loss-tips.html
Visit coffeecatholic for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection